International Sniping Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
International Sniping Militia

Sniper Elite

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
ISM will be disbanding The forums will be shut down in about 1 week. Thanks for playing in our games and your more than welcome to join our games anytime.

heres my tags.... heres why

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
relic
Server Regular
Server Regular
relic

heres my tags.... heres why Empty
PostSubject: heres my tags.... heres why   heres my tags.... heres why Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:01 pm

July 23/09

Sry for the length. Where to start ?….

I joined ISM after Garra (nee NinjaStar, nee DragonFlame) asked me to join as a “Council Member”. Initially there was Garra , me and RosscoVamp, and later Psychosis, RedSnake, Meat and Rackateer. I was hesitant at first, never having been in a online clan before and wary of joining a clan of people I did not really know for very long. But all was good, we played together many times, often with me hosting a server as I was centrally located amongst our geographically dispersed members.

Of course many other players also joined the games, and were good fodder for raising our score, especially when they entered spawn and were summarily shot, after being warned “reb00 STAY OUT OF SPAWN u will be kicked next time”. If they persisted they were kicked and on third transgression, banned. That’s what I did on my servers, 1st transgression = warning, 2nd = kick, 3rd = ban. Seemed to work well. But you can’t see everything all the time so some noobs/nimrods do get away with various infractions, especially if you don’t have clanmates telling you what they saw in their part of the map. But hey it’s a game right, who really cares. Getting shot in the back by noobs happens. Some don’t know the colours of all their teammates. I’ve done it myself. Many times I’ve typed “hey Dick, shoot GERMAN” and that was that. Most were more careful after the warning. It’s not like my point total or kill ratio is tied to my personal self-esteem. I enjoy the game and the people I play with.

Besides playing with ISM clanmates, and before joining the ISM clan, I enjoyed playing in servers hosted by GotS (Mr.Pink), NZAUS (Noballs), and remnants of BOSE (PapaSmurf), mostly because these clans had the best ping, and all played a gentlemen’s game. If you were disrespectful or ignored the rules you were kicked. I remember being in a game where some nimrod was bad mouthing me for laying mines, and Mr.Pink warned him not to disrespect server regulars. The nimrod persisted and was subsequently kicked. Why do I remember this, because Mr.Pink stood up for me, called me a “server regular”, and I learned a lesson in online respect.

Anyhoo, along came the day when Garra asked me if I thought we should accept Virus as a prospect. I said I had played with him, he played very well, but, and I made this clear to Garra, I thought Virus had control issues. Extremely intolerant of noob mistakes, wanting to take immediate revenge to the extent of crossing into spawn to eliminate the offender, swearing at them, wanting to kick/ban upon 1st infraction etc ad infinitum. OMG, its just a GAME. One time he asked me to kick a player, and I questioned him if the noob was really in spawn and the answer was no. NO. So I warned the player, but geez take a chill pill. I embarrassed Virus in front of clanmates, but from his point of view its strike 1 on me.

Then about a week ago, we were playing and PapaSmurf joined into my server as he occasionally did. Out spews vitriolic comments from Virus. Ah well, I had heard some things of ill will between them but did not and still do not have any idea what transpired, and frankly I don’t care. It was not and is not my business. All I know is that PapaSmurf plays and runs a fair game and is respectful of the players in it. Then Virus suggests that we (ISM) all gang up on him. Garra concurs. Hoooweee. Here we go. Not wanting to go against clanmates wishes I am flabbergasted. My sense of fair play kicks in and I say it’s my server, and you will all play fairly. Embarassed in front of his clanmates Virus quits the game. Penalty Virus – unsportsmanlike conduct. Whoosh - strike 2. I’d later learn that he’s just a prospect but with more influence than a “council member”.

A couple of days later a similar incident occurs: my server, PapaSmurf joins, Vitriolic Virus appears and just before quitting says “I forgot, he’s your friend”. PapaSmurf types “Did I do that?” I reply affirmatively. PapaSmurf apologizes and asks if he should leave. I say “no, it’s his problem”. We continue our game. Did you hear it - Whooosh – strike 3.

Now PapaSmurf is not really “my friend” in a personal way. I don’t know anything about him, but he has better manners and sportsmanship than my clanmate.

Its about this time I suspected that there may be clan talk behind my back. Confirmation comes when Virus’ henchman Garra sends me a couple emails and I quote:

“I dont want you to host a game right now I am pulling your right to host a game. The reason I am pulling your right to host a game is the fact that last night I saw. 1.You didnt kick people out when they need to be kicked out. 2.You didnt post the rules when someone new joined they may know them but it is good just to post it so they do know.”

and

“After careful thinking of the other council members we had decided to take you off of being a council member. Meat is the new council member after carefully thinking of a lot of people.”

Do you think those were Garra’s idea? phhht.

From all this I can see that things won’t be getting better for this clan. And perhaps the ill will between Virus and many others is not the fault of “others”.

These are my observations and my point of view. Some may agree and some disagree. That’s life. Anyone is welcome to respond or defend themselves, but I won’t be reading it.

To ISM clan: I wish you well in your online pursuits and hope to snipe you again, although I doubt that will happen since Virus controls you, and will forbid you from playing on my server, and me in yours. I cannot play in a clan as controlled, disrespectful, undemocratic and unsportsmanlike as this. The only way to rid this viral
tyrannical cancer is to cut it off. Therefore I am dropping my worthless, besmirched ISM tags. My first foray into online clan gaming = FAIL. I don’t need this Desperate Housewife drama and no one can tell me who my friends are.

nb: Now you don’t need to have that meeting this coming Saturday!

nb: still think Virus doesn’t have control issues? Who else requests a read receipt for every email he sends?

relic

cc:
ISM clan
PapaSmurf
Mr. Pink (no email addr)
Noballs
Back to top Go down
[ISM]Gaara
Council Member
Council Member
[ISM]Gaara

Location : Location is not location 'Thinking of your Distruction'

PostSubject: Re: heres my tags.... heres why   heres my tags.... heres why Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:39 pm

To let everyone know it was not my idea of kicking out relic I was disappointed by the way you where running your games. Yes you where getting better at it, but what really made us upset was the fact that we asked you to turn you music down. You didnt turn it down we asked you 5 times to turn it down. So we had to resort to kicking you off the Teamspeak server. We could have moved you in a different channel, but I had thought of that after the fact. It is not kool to let someone use your tags if you where in a clan. The reason is the fact that you are not playing your letting someone else use your tags that is just disappointing. I know with some clans you dont let anyone use your tags what so ever. Now I see that you where talking about Virus well yes he does have a control issue and I am trying to work with him a little on that. Just to let you know you where one of them that voted yes let him in the clan as a probie. We also said that you needed to attend all clan meetings if possible well you know the time zone I live in and you knew that well you didnt show up sometimes. Virus is not my henchmen he was a probie so he did not have the right to vote for kicking someone. So he couldnt vote for kicking you out it was done by Full ISM members. You have also been drunk while playing games and left it completely unattended and I have told everyone who joins ISM to have 100% attention to the game. That way we dont have a game that no one wants to be in and that has happen a couple of times. Well all said this is my 2 cents and there may be more. You could have defended yourself at the clan meeting if you would have showed up.

Ps if this gets out of hand we will lock the topic.
Back to top Go down
http://ismse.webs.com/
[ISM]Redsnake
Council Member
Council Member
[ISM]Redsnake

PostSubject: Re: heres my tags.... heres why   heres my tags.... heres why Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:04 pm

We gave you so many chances relic, YOU brought this on yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://snakesofsniperelite.webs.com/
ViRuS

ViRuS

PostSubject: Re: heres my tags.... heres why   heres my tags.... heres why Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:22 pm

nb: still think Virus doesn’t have control issues? Who else requests a read receipt for every email he sends?

What a childish comment. So companies are not allowed to do that? Get a life!!!
Back to top Go down
Noballs(NZ)
Server Regular
Server Regular
Noballs(NZ)

PostSubject: Re: heres my tags.... heres why   heres my tags.... heres why Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:57 am

Good luck Relic

LOL
Quote :
You have also been drunk while playing games and left it completely unattended
Sounds like me.... the fact that everyone finds it amusing is lost on me.... Laughing Laughing Laughing so is falling asleep while hosting.

Snipe u soon relic
Back to top Go down
http://www.sniperelite.nzaus.co.nz
[ISM]Redsnake
Council Member
Council Member
[ISM]Redsnake

PostSubject: Re: heres my tags.... heres why   heres my tags.... heres why Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:23 am

I don't find it amusing, when the host is gone,and your being killed by a full server of spawn killers
Back to top Go down
http://snakesofsniperelite.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heres my tags.... heres why   heres my tags.... heres why Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

heres my tags.... heres why
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
International Sniping Militia :: General Talking-
Jump to: